Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon!

Hello my magnificent make-up lovelies! How are you today? Here's my latest playing....I was riffling through my freelance kit and found a ton of quads that I have never used!! This palette is from MAC Balloonacy. I wasn't a huge fan of the line. The signage just wasn't that attractive and I didn't get into it, but oh have the tables have turned...

Well, this weekend I decided I was going to work with the palette below.

I fell in love love love with the matte purple in the quad...Violet Trance. I am on a kick with matte eyeshadows. It started with MAC's collection called Matte2 (I don't know where the squared button is). Any ideas where I can find some other great matte shadows?

My pictures aren't the best, but the purple is soooo vibrant! I loved it. A great way to make my eyes look more green.

I used all four shadows in the look, along with Perky paint pot.
-Cloudburst: inner corner highlight and brow highlight
-Up at Dawn: lower lid, up to crease, about 2/3 out from inner corner
-Violet Trance: outer triangle on lower lid and smudged under lower lashes
-Pandemonium: crease and lower lashes

**MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack was used to line top and bottom and Maybelline Lash Stylist in waterproof black....this is the only mascara I can find that will keep my lashes curled all day long and not make them stick straight out from my eyelids like straw!

I am going to try my first video tutorial tomorrow....any suggestions on what I should do? Keep looking back for new things this week and keep your fingers crossed that the video turns out well!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this site. I am horrible at make up. I love it though. I always try to do my make up so it shows up in picture but it never does. What's up with that? Anyways, you are adorable! Keep the tips coming. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great look on you!Really brings out your eyes beautifully. Love the blog!Come check out mine sometime x

    ReplyDelete